Friday 21 September 2007

From Spain to Belfast

I left Spain on September 10 and that day was verrrry long. All my family got up at 6:00 am (CEST) and it was raining. Hopefully, Carlos took us to the airport in his car.

The plan was very simple. Fist of all, I should take a flight from Madrid to London and then another one from Londo to Belfast at 13:50 (local time). It looks a big amount of time between flights but you should notice that I made a bus trip from Gatwick airport to Heathrow -- 80 mins.

Finally, I lost the second flight! But a lot of things happened:
  • We boarded almost 2 hours late.
  • We waited 10 mins for two guys which names was anounced by the crew. WTF they tell us that?
  • The plain spent half an hour taxiing. Maybe we took of on the T4 and we started on the T1.
  • Half an hour waiting on the runaway. Maybe waiting for the control tower or maybe the pilot was looking for a contact lens on the floor of the cabin.
Only ten minutes before and I had take my flight.

cimg0828.jpg
Waiting the second flight.

Then I tried to get another flight to Belfast for free and it almost worked! But the guy of the air company finally realized that I had that right and I bought another ticket -- 180 quids!!



Another annoying situation occurred when I was waiting for the second (third) flight and I called to the international office in order to say my new arrival time. I was talking with a girl and I was understanding all that she said. When I said that I am from Madrid she ansered: "¡Coño! Eré de Madrí!" with a strong southern Spanish accent.

The rest of the things were OK. The wellcome team managed to get me to my bed.

1 comment:

Ed said...

What a hell!! Well, finally you have a story to tell and looking back you can say that you have earned a lot of experience for your next travels. :D